Monday, March 31, 2014

"Latino USA: A Cartoon HIstory"

When it came to this reading, it’s somewhat difficult to explain how I felt about it. Personally, I did not like it at all. There’s no disagreement that Stavans definitely had a good standing point and very interesting topic to write about. However, I don’t think he addressed it very well. I found the writing to be very confusing and didn’t make much sense. He was jumping from one topic to another and got quickly sidetracked changing the subject constantly. I felt that if he had more of a structure and he addressed topics one by one, it would’ve been a lot more understandable. It was a strong subject to write about and he definitely made great points. But it just needed a little more organization. However, when it came to the comic strips, I really enjoyed it. It was entertaining and informing at the same time. All comic strips are meant to be funny and most of them are very goofy and not serious. But this one dealt with serious issues and was still able to remain amusing. Overall, I would say I enjoyed the subject of the text as a whole. My only problem was the organization of the text, but regardless it was still interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment